is to competitively replace fossil fuels in energy intensive industries
by converting renewable electricity into storable, high-temperature process heat.
11% of global CO2 emissions is caused by
high-temperature industrial heat.
No carbon-neutral, cost-competitive and easy
integrate solution exists yet.
of global CO2 emissions is caused by
high-temperature industrial heat.No carbon-neutral, cost-competitive and easy
to integrate solution exists yet.
The Heatrix system combines an electric heater, utilizing off-grid solar or wind
electricity, with a thermal energy storage to provide continuous high-temperature
process heat. With an outlet temperature of up to 1500 °C, Heatrix has the potential to
decarbonize the majority of high emission industries.
Replacing fossil fuel burners and reducing fuel consumption in calcination processes by integrating Heatrix heat to shaft calciners or precalciners of rotary kilns.
Inducing required process temperatures via hot air flow from Heatrix replacing fossil fuel burners in heat treatment ovens.
Reduced fuel gas & coke usage by providing Heatrix heat to sintering or pelletization plants.
Combined with existing burner system, Heatrix technology can be used to preheat materials and reduce fuel consumption in the actual process.
Heatrix is participating in the Ansys Startup Program (Ansys Startup Program).
Looking for more information about Heatrix and our technology? We’d love to get in touch!
• Avoids individual design process – fits in standard containers
• Industry-agnostic solution
• Modular configuration to meet customer needs
• Rapid deployment
• Focus on minimal plant downtime
• Compatible to back-up for guaranteed production
• Ongoing customer relationship and revenue
• Large growth potential
• Maximal impact on CO2
• Unique system design integrating electric heater and thermal storage
• IP application in preparation for unique heater and storage design